Monday 14 May 2007

Anne of Green Gables

I think, my all time favourite series of books would have to be Anne of Green Gables. I just love how every little detail is explained and Anne has love for anything and everything, which makes everyone around her feel loved and beautiful. Anyway i am up to the 5th book which is called Anne's house of dreams. As i was reading it on the weekend i came to a part where she talked about the sea and the woods and it was so poetic and beautiful that i thought i would share it...

The woods are never solitary, they are filled with whispering, beckoning and friendly life. But the sea is a mighty soul, forever moaning for some great, unshareable sorrow, which shuts it up into itself for all eternity. We can never pierce its infinite
mystery, we may only wander, awed and spell bound, on the outer fringe of it. The woods call to us with a hundred voices, but the sea has only one, a mighty voice that drowns our souls in its majestic music. The woods are human, but the sea is of the company of the archangels.

I thought that was so... as Anne would say romantic that i just had to put it into my blog. I love to think that someone could have such a simple but beautiful out look on life. Anne is such an inspiration to me that I wish that I could be more like her. So I encourage everyone to read Anne of Green Gables so you can be touched by the beautiful words of Anne.

2 comments:

cathypentonatelier said...

Well once again my dear daughter you make me smile.... You are a treasure to behold...

Katie said...

I totally agree, Kirstie, those are the best books ever. The things that Anne felt and talked about have always touched me in some way. I identify with her completely, and wish that she was a real person, as I know we'd be the best of friends. One of the parts I love was in the first book when she has met Marilla, and she wants to call her "Aunt Marilla" and Marilla doesn't think you should call people by names that aren't their own, and Anne says, "Don't you ever imagine anything different from the way things are?" Marilla says No, and Anne says, "Oh Marilla, how much you miss." It is true.